Get your hands into some good African Earth!
Inviting Natural builders to come and help build our first buildings at Ndanifor Permaculture Ecovillage , Bafut, Cameroon.
It’s time to build something this dry season: we have plenty of good building earth, raffia and access to wood.
Come and help create a small cabin as a first place to stay on the beautiful rural site. We have called out to women groups and local youth to participate in community training programs from January until March 2014.
Part of the activities will be the building of a wood-cook-stove and bread oven for the ecovillage learning center.
Work with me to support this community effort and give Better World Cameroon its first real natural building experience. Share what you know and get practice by immersing yourself in a different context. And escape the northern Winter.
You can also find the project on thePOOSH and follow updates there.
Lets’ talk logistics:
- You’ll need a Visa to enter Cameroon– this is usually not difficult, but it poses a time factor. So get on it quickly. We will provide a letter of accommodation or invitation as required for the Visa. Check with your closest Cameroon Embassy.
- You’ll fly into Yaounde or Douala- both are about 6 hours distance from Bamenda by bus. Buses leave mornings or evenings and cost about $10. It’s easier for us to arrange for someone to meet you in Yaounde- Better World has an office there.
- Living in Bamenda is fairly low cost- Better World will help find a suitable place to stay and negotiate a price for you.
- Good food is readily available at low cost. We will share some common meals and spend free time exploring the hills in the area. Our plan is to work on construction for 4 days a week starting January 13. You can join any time until March- we hope to be finished by April 1.
- Better World has a FAQ page that may be helpful.
Can we complete this building in 12 weeks?
If you have time and a travel budget consider our offer. Get your hands into African Earth!
Please email me to discuss details and if this is not for you, share it with someone!