Lately it seems that most of my time is spent at the computer: planning, writing, communicating, sketching, and even some entertainment courtesy of youtube and TED.
So when we took on a house-sit near Duncan the one main concern was: can I get online?
We’ve been here for a few days now and I am getting used to the sounds of the house, the vistas and the abundance of space. I notice that I move from kitchen to upstairs office to kitchen to bathroom to office to kitchen etc.- and I don’t spend much time in the other areas of the house.
Of course, coming from a 300 squarefoot living space into this ? squarefoot home is triggering all sorts thoughts.
So far I really like:
- This house is facing the sun!!!! (Sadly this is worth mentioning)
- The kitchen cabinet hardware that prevents doors and drawers from slamming shut- it slows them down to a gentle stop.
- The spacious shower- no elbow bumping!
- Watching all the birds both at the bird feeder and farther away in the wetland by Quamichan Lake
- Lots of uninterrupted work time (but that’s really not a design feature of this place just opportunity and intention)
- Reading some Wendell Berry (ditto)
So while this Sunday is rather stormy outside I will now return to other pages on my computer…..